This Monday, October 17th is National Boss’s Day and your chance to acknowledge your boss or manager for a job well done. Many bosses try hard to recognize the achievements of their employees and yet their own efforts often go unnoticed. So, it’s the perfect time to throw some praise their way and thank them for their support. The tricky thing is—what do you write in your Boss’s Day card?
What you write to your boss has a lot to do with the type of relationship you have with them. If you’re close with your boss, then you might find it easier to write a few lines. However, many people may be more distant from their boss or manager, so knowing how and what to say can be a bit more difficult. Here are some suggestions that will help you navigate this day in a most acceptable way.
Boss as Mentor
- Thanks for your ability to bring out the best in me.
- With many thanks for the encouragement you give and for the dedication you always show.
- Thanks for always taking the time to answer my questions and lend support and guidance.
- You’re someone who’s a true leader, and I feel lucky to be on your team.
- It takes a special kind of person to be a great boss —and you do it all so well.
- Thanks for your wonderful way of making people feel valued and included.
- Hope a great manager manages to have the greatest day ever.
- I feel so lucky to have you for a boss. Thanks for everything.
- Thanks for being so nice to work for.
- Know what’s better than having a boss like you on Boss’s Day? Having a boss like you all year round!
- Hope today is especially filled with the special kind of thoughtfulness you always bring to work.
- Nice to know and nice to work for —you’re the best kind of boss there is.
- Awesome BOSSome! You’re the best!
- I listen to you all the time, but now I want you to hear something
- I want to say…Have a Happy Boss’s Day!
- If you think I’m going to tell you how great you are to work for…you’re absolutely right! (as usual!)
- You’ve really got what it takes to run this office…Guts!
- Wishing you a very happy Boss’s Day and the best of everything always.
- Hope your special day is filled with all the things you enjoy the most.
- Thinking of you and hoping you have a great day.
- With appreciation for all you do. Have a great Boss’s Day.