Summer is definitely upon us. Sun-filled days, long nights, and maybe a vacation or two in the works. Family summer vacations are a time for us to come together, reconnect, and realize that although we might not have it all together, together we have it all. Which is exactly why we chose that quote as our printable summer quote just for you. Print, Frame, and Enjoy!
What better way to end a month than with a smile?!? June may almost be over, but there is still so much to keeping smiling about this summer. We’re offering this sunny print as a reminder that everyone’s smile is special. Print it out, frame it and display it in your home or office – better yet, print two and give one to a friend or co-worker! Click here to print.
We have written blogs about making people smile and random acts of kindness with the intent to get people thinking about looking beyond themselves and reaching out to others who could use some cheering up. So we’ve created the “Brighten Someone’s Day Challenge.”
- Are you making a conscious effort to share and spread kindness as often as possible?
- Are you surprising and delighting people with anonymous gestures, both big and small?
- Are you sharing generosity and thoughtfulness with friends and strangers alike?
If so, we’d love to hear about it – or better yet we’d like to see your badge of honor. We invite you to post your good deeds on our Facebook page along with the the image below. Simply right click on the image, save it to your desktop, and then post it in your status on Facebook, while including what you did recently to brighten someone’s day.
This Memorial Day, as we honor our fallen men and women in uniform who have served since America’s birth, let us take a moment to reflect upon the sacrifices they have made in the name of freedom for all. The following poem pays tribute to those who have given their lives so that others may pursue America’s great promise of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
With every fallen hero, And every sacrifice, Each man and woman serving Knows freedom has its price.
As stars and stripes fly higher Over lands, both far and near, New generations take the pledge To protect what we hold dear.
And should that mean they offer up Their lives for liberty Their sacrifice is not in vain— For freedom isn’t free
And so today we honor those Who have been laid to rest— Remembering that these brave souls Gave better than their best.
Cheers! It’s National Wine Day! If you ever needed a reason to uncork a bottle of your favorite ‘vino’ (not that you ever needed one before) you certainly have one today. (You also had one in February for the separate, but similar, National Drink Wine Day, but, like glasses of wine, who’s counting?) Today is all about spreading the love and health benefits of this liquid of the gods that’s praised for its positive benefits of new friends, reduced risk of heart disease, and the enhancement of food and life. To help set the festive mood, we’ve created a fun roundup full of crafts, gift ideas, and more that will bring your love of wine out to play. So get set to let wine do what it does best – bring us together with the ones we love.
1. These adorable wine charms by Personalizedsite make the perfect hostess gift for everyone to enjoy. 2. Every wine lover needs to know these invaluable wine hacks by BRIT + CO. 3. Have wine will travel! This foldable wine bottle by Wine2Go goes where you do. 4. These Wine Bottle Trays from The Concord Cottage make for the prettiest presentation. 5. Choose red or white for this Love Wine Necklace from ShineOn and pour out the fun. 6. Half a bottle of red for you and half for this scrumptious Chocolate Red Wine Chiffon Cake from Sprinkle Bakes.
Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 14, and we are so excited to share these FREE, Mother’s Day printables, which are the perfect addition to any card or eCard!
Our brand new “Sharing Memories” stationery is a great way to write any mom in your life and let her know you’re thinking of her. Write about a special memory you share and let them know they made a difference in your life.
Our printable quotes and poems are another great choice to include with any kind of Mother’s Day card. Print the quote or poem, and frame it for an instant keepsake that she will be sure to treasure. The quotes are inspirational, and the poems are originals from our very own BlueMountain.com editors.
Whether you’re hand-delivering a Mother’s Day card, or sending a Mother’s Day eCard across the miles – adding these creative and thoughtful printables are sure to let the women you’re giving them to feel acknowledged, appreciated, and above all else, loved!
A World of Moms
Mother’s Day is such a special time for remembering all those wonderful women in our lives who mean so much to us. Whether they are our own moms, our mother-in-laws, grandmothers, wives, daughters, sisters, teachers or other role models, it’s a perfect time to reflect on what each has brought our way and how they have touched our lives.
Gifts and Greetings
Many people remember their moms and others with anything from simple to elaborate gifts for Mother’s Day, but the one thing these gifts usually have in common is that they’re accompanied by sincere and meaningful cards with heartfelt thoughts. In most cases, a truly personal card is often a beautiful gift in itself. Something to treasure. A keepsake. A reminder of a special day and all the warm and loving moments it held. It’s the thing she’ll cherish most tomorrow and the days after that.
It’s in the Details
When thinking of what to say in your message, make some mental notes of how you picture your mom now and even when you were younger. Can you think of things you’ve done together, perhaps this year or in the past (going to a spa together, shopping for new school clothes, looking for wallpaper?) What words would you associate with her (daring, smart, funny, brave, thoughtful?) Are there specific things that remind you of her (pink nail polish, wine spritzers, kuchen, “permanent” kits, bathing caps, Chantilly, ironing bed sheets, Ivory soap, white gloves, knickknacks?)
What to Write…
Following are some ideas for things you can write in Mother’s Day cards for the many “moms” in your life. But it’s most important to remember that your words should sound sincere and that they came from you. As you read through these, think of how you can combine them with the ideas you thought of above to make the message your own. After all, it’s the little details in the words you choose that will bring a tear to her eye.
- Today I am reminded once again how truly special you are to me
- Don’t know how you do it, Mom, but you always seem to have time for everyone
- It’s not until we have children of our own that we realize what it really means to be a mom
- Thanks, Mom, for the everyday things you do that make our lives so special
- Mom, I have so many wonderful memories of growing up
- You’ll always have a special place in my heart, Mom
- There are so many things I have learned from you, Mom
- Every family has its own stories, traditions and memories
- Mom, do you know how many times I’ve thought to myself
- You make my/the world a brighter (nicer, warmer) place
- What a joy it is remembering someone as special as you on Mother’s Day
- You have a way of making others feel happy (comfortable, confident)
- Today is special because you are… You’ve touched my life in a special way
- You’re such a blessing in my life
- For the special person you are and the loving mother you’ve become
- You fill my heart with everything wonderful
- Lucky me—having you to love!
- You’ll always be first in my heart and in my life
- I’d be lost without you
- Day after day you fill my heart with happiness
- I wouldn’t trade our lives for anything in the world… I love this journey we’re on together
For a New Mom/Mom-to-Be
- A new baby in your arms–a forever love in your heart
- It’s the first of many happy Mother’s Days to come
- Your first Mother’s Day…awwww-some!
- Your baby’s (going to be) so lucky to have you for a mom
- Wishing you joy as you await the arrival of your little one
- (A new) Love is on the way
- Thinking of you warmly today and hoping your day is a special one
- With a heart full of wishes for a day full of happiness
- It’s a special day for remembering special people like you
- Wishing you everything that will make this a perfect day for you
- Relax, enjoy, and celebrate
- Hope Mother’s Day is just your cup of tea…
We invite you to travel down memory lane with us as we showcase some then-and-now Mother’s Day gifts in the chart below. We bet you’ll nod your head in agreement and even enjoy a few laughs as you compare what a typical gift was “back then” to what it would be today. You may even pick up a few gift-giving or -getting ideas yourself.
My, how times have changed! Don’t you agree that the gifts we used to give our moms decades ago for Mother’s Day look quite a bit different than the ones moms (or grandmas or maternal figures) are getting today? Granted, technology, convenience, and just the natural progression of life have had a lot to do with this. But we’re sure everyone agrees that the one and only intent behind the gifts has constantly remained—and will always continue to remain—the same: to show our love and gratitude to an amazing woman who is raising a child. We invite you to “share” this blog post with friends and family, too. We bet they’ll love it! And if you have other gift ideas that you think have made big changes over the years, feel free to leave a comment below. We’d love to hear from you!
Now that we’ve discussed the beauty and impact of generosity and thoughtfulness towards one another in “Random Acts of Kindness: Part 1,” let’s see how we can actually put this lovely concept into motion and make it come to life.
There are a few different ways to do this. You can initiate the act. Or you could perform an act in response to a kind act bestowed on you (which is called “paying it forward”). You could do something nice for your friends and family. Or you could do something nice for strangers. But regardless of which way you do it and to whom, the most important thing is that you do it without any expectation of reward. These are totally selfless acts that are certain to bring you immense satisfaction and pleasure.
We also want to emphasize that these acts do NOT necessarily require large sums of money or a lot of effort. Even the smallest gestures—as long as they’re performed sincerely and without an expectation of recognition or acknowledgement —can result in the greatest happiness.
We’d now love to share a few ideas with you for FREE acts of kindness:
- Smile broadly and genuinely at someone who passes you by.
- Hold the door (or elevator) open for the person behind you.
- Let someone who’s in a rush cut ahead of you in line.
- Visit a nursing home.
- Give a sincere compliment to someone who looks like they could use one.
- Share magazines you’ve already read with co-workers, friends, etc.
- Bring in your neighbor’s trash cans.
- Share extra produce from your garden with someone in need.
- Write a letter to someone who has made a difference in your life.
And here are some ideas for LOW-COST acts of kindness:
- Leave a heftier tip than usual for your waiter or waitress.
- Bring a meal to someone who just had a baby or other major life event.
- Buy a candy bar (or magazine subscription, etc.) that a neighbor child is selling for a fundraiser.
- Bring donuts or other delicious treat to work.
- Put lots of pennies on the sidewalk for kids to find.
- Pay for someone’s coffee.
- Leave your change behind in a vending machine.
- Buy an extra ticket and take someone to an event (e.g., movie, concert, ball game).
- Send a care package to a soldier.
And as a small gift from us to you, we’ve designed a FREE printable that you can download today and give to anyone you choose. It includes 6 different cards that you can fill out and leave anonymously. Look at these cards as your chance to make someone’s day just a little bit brighter!
To download these free printable coupons, simply click on the image, and once the new page opens, right click to print or save the image to your computer.
A smile from a stranger…a hug out of nowhere from your child, friend, or family member… a card received in the mail “just because.” These random acts of kindness aren’t small at all. In fact, they have the power to turn a day completely around, change an outlook, and move the spirit. Science has even shown that being kind can make a real difference in the well-being and health of individuals who practice it and receive it. Another added plus—it’s contagious. Kindness spurs kindness; a single act can influence dozens more.
Kindness is catching, and all of us here at Blue Mountain couldn’t be more thrilled because our work is dedicated to helping people connect with others and be lifted up and cared about. You never know what someone else’s struggles may be, and you probably aren’t aware of the immense power your smile and kind words possess, or how your simple gesture can turn a day, or even a life, around. It’s truly magical, and a heartfelt reminder of how one simple act can grow and multiply.
We’d like you to join us in sharing and spreading kindness, so we do hope you will visit us again later this week when we’ll share Part II of this post and give you some ideas of how you can join the kindness journey. Until then, please enjoy this free downloadable wallpaper which is a thoughtful reminder that you have the power within you to make an extraordinary, beautiful difference. To set as your desktop back ground simply click the image, and when the new window appears, right click and choose “set as background.”
Anthropologist Margaret Mead once remarked, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” From the kindnesses happening in the world right now, it gladdens our hearts to tell you—she was right.