We love our brothers. They mean so much to us but when it comes to celebrating their birthday, we may find ourselves suddenly hesitating when we go to write them a special message in their birthday card. We might think they won’t want any mushy sentiments or anything too emotional, but then again, maybe you and your brother have a super-close relationship and you could go on and on about how great he is, so how do you condense all your feelings down into something meaningful?
Whether your brother is a man of few words, a big marshmallow inside, or the kind of guy who is always the life of the party, here are some messages that will help you add your personal touch to his birthday greeting in just the right way.
Here’s a helpful tip — if your brother’s birthday has already passed this year, you might be interested to know that Siblings Day is just a few days away on April 10th. What a wonderful reason to send him a surprise card to let him know you’re thinking about him.
But if his birthday is indeed on the horizon, get ready to send him some birthday love with these ideas for messages that you might like to use or that might inspire you to write your own.
If you have a close relationship with your brother, you may want to add a warm, heartfelt message:
- Do you know you’re a superhero? Your special power is being a great brother.
- I’ve always loved having you for a brother, and I wish you everything happy today and always.
- Thanks for always being a light in my life. Happy Birthday
- You’re such a great brother, and you deserve to have a birthday that’s every bit as special as you are.
- I admire you so much for the person and brother you are. My wish for you is that your birthday is everything you deserve it to be and that the year ahead is a wonderful one for you.
Haven’t talked to your brother in awhile or have somewhat of a distant relationship? You can still acknowledge his day in a thoughtful way he’ll appreciate:
- I’m thinking of you on your birthday and wishing you all the best.
- We may have our differences, but I’ll always be glad that you’re my brother, and I only ever wish good things for you.
- I know it’s been awhile since we talked, but that doesn’t mean I don’t think about you, especially on a special day like your birthday. I hope it’s happy for you.
- Hope you have a great day and do something you enjoy to celebrate!
- Just wanted to wish you a happy birthday and tell you that I hope it’s a great day.
If he’s a jokester who’s always up for a good laugh:
- As my brother, you’ve always had great looks and charm. Copycat!
- You’re such a great brother that I trust you with my life—but not a plate of chocolate chip cookies.
- A brother like you is such a gift to me, even though you’re the one who should be getting the presents.
- I hope you have a birthday that’s the perfect mix of fun and weirdness—just like you.
- Don’t let another birthday get you down—gravity’s pretty much taken care of that.
Missed his birthday? There’s something to be said for the card that arrives in the mail days after the birthday has passed. It shows you not only remembered, but that you cared enough to still want to let him know that you’re thinking of him and want to send him a special wish:
- Even though this is late, my feelings are still the same—you’re a wonderful brother and I wish you everything happy.
- I’m sorry this card didn’t arrive in time for your birthday, but I hope you had a fantastic day.
- This birthday card isn’t late. I’m just extending your birthday becausea brother like you should be celebrated every day.
- If you had waited a few days before you were born, this card would be on time.
- Brother, you may feel this greeting card is very late, but I like to think of it as extremely early.