By definition, an anniversary marks a date that’s remembered because of a significant event. In this case, we’re highlighting a wedding anniversary, either your own or that of someone you care about.
To help celebrate this extra special occasion, you probably would want to send an anniversary card. But you really want it to speak straight from the heart—and every word needs to be both meaningful and sincere.
After you’ve finally settled on the perfect card, you then most probably will want to add your own personal note. And this is where the challenge lies. Where to begin? How to phrase your thoughts and wishes? What exactly to include?
Blue Mountain is here to help!
First of all, it’s best to keep anything you write short and sweet. (Think of one warm thought or feeling, one compliment about the other person, or one statement of gratitude.) It’s also important to express your feelings in your own genuine style (e.g., cute, simple, direct, romantic, corny, funny, etc.). Finally, be sure to keep the recipient clearly in mind, whether it’s a spouse, a friend, or a relative— and speak directly to them as you normally would in person.
For some great examples of what to write in an anniversary card, we’d like to share several ways to address that very special someone in your life:
For Your Own Spouse
- To my one and only.
- You are my endless love!
- My heart is yours forever.
- Thank you for another wonderful year.
- I offer my heart to you again. And again. And again.
- After all this time, you’re still absolutely, undeniably incredible to me.
- My love is real because of you.
- You make my life complete.
- I love you not only for who you are, but for who I am when I’m with you.
- To another year full of joy, love, and bliss.
- Our union tells me God has blessed me with a tremendous gift.
- I’m honored to grow old with you and to share memories of the blessed life we have together.
- Happy anniversary to my best friend, the love of my life, and all the other titles you deserve.
- Every year with you is sweeter than the last.
- The longer we’re married, the more I realize I got the better end of the deal.
- When I look into your eyes, I see a reflection of the love we’ve share and the many more happy years to come.
- How sweet it is to be loved by you.
- Every year that passes, I fall more and more in love with you.
- One year down. Many, many more wonderful ones to go!
- To the one person in this world who makes me the happiest!
For Someone Else
- Congratulations on so many wonderful years together!
- A wish that all your days together continue to be touched with lasting love.
- May the cherished memories of the years you’ve shared make this anniversary a wonderful celebration indeed.
- Wishing you a wonderful anniversary and a beautiful future with your one true love.
- Congratulations on your anniversary and best wishes for many more wonderful years to come.
- May you continue to be as blessed by your life together as those around you are blessed by your example of unconditional love.
- True love stories never end.
- To the couple who best exemplifies happily ever after.
- May every year you share find you still more and more in love with each other.
- Wishing you a very joyful anniversary and many more to come.
- Happy anniversary to one of the coolest couples around!
- Wishing you the special moments this golden day can bring, and through the years ahead of you, the best of everything!
- May God bless you on this momentous occasion.
- With love and best wishes for your anniversary.
- Together may you share the things a perfect anniversary brings!
- Wishing you all the happiness any couple could have.
- May this be a day of tender moments, warm memories, and wonderful wishes for the future.
- Celebrate the love that promises to bring so many more years of pure joy.
- May your love continue to inspire others by shining brightly for years to come. Congratulations.
- Wishing you much happiness as you continue to celebrate all the joys your marriage has brought.