It’s easier than you think to brighten someone’s day. In fact, we probably don’t realize just how easy it can be. So, why don’t we do more of these random acts of kindness? Oftentimes, people feel that they have to show or exude some grand gesture that’s over-the-top, but the truth is it’s often the “out of the blue” kindness that makes the biggest impact. Something like finding a happy envelope with a real stamp in your mailbox or a fun eCard in your email are the perfect delights to make someone’s day brighter.
But what should you say inside of these surprise notes or letters? It doesn’t have to be a lot, just genuine. Use some stationery to pen a simple hello, a “thought of you today” message, or even jot down a favorite phrase, quote, or piece of poetry that you think they might find uplifting. We’ve compiled some of our favorite things to write to brighten someone’s day that we thought you might enjoy sharing with someone you care about.
- I can go days without talking to you,
months without seeing you,
but not a second goes by that I don’t think about you.
- You are so much sunshine to the square inch!
_ Walt Whitman
- The happiest thing in the world to do
Is to think of someone dear to you.
- You are a work of heart.
- There is joy in sharing the written word.
(So I thought I’d send you a note!)
- Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible”!
_ Audrey Hepburn
- Occasionally along life’s way, you meet someone
you’ll always remember…someone like you!
- Hope your day is easier and brighter…knowing someone is thinking of you.
- Something’s on my mind…YOU!
- Just stopping by with a friendly, “Hi!”
- Thinking of you? Why, yes…
With lots of warmth
- Thinking of you…and hoping everything’s going just the way it should for someone as special as you.
- You’re a good friend…Not as good as me, since I’m sending you a note just for the hell of it, but a good friend nonetheless.
- Me: For the first time in life, things seem to be getting better. Life: LOL, give me a second!
- I’m in desperate need of a 6 month vacation…twice a year.
- The most fun things in life are either immoral, illegal or they make you fat.
- Don’t underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can’t hear, and not bothering.
_ Winnie the Pooh
- It is more fitting for a man to laugh at life than to lament over it.