It is said that “A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to You” was written in the very first Christmas card. If you would like to come up with something a little more endearing we have some suggestions for you–we’re happy to help with some great Christmas quotes and messages that would be welcome in any Christmas card or eCard!
Sometimes you don’t have to write much to get your idea across. And whether you’re sending a warm, traditional message or a funny one, the person receiving your card will appreciate your personalized touch. Here are 10 of our favorite quotes this time of year:
- Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful. ~Norman Vincent Peale
- One of the most glorious messes in the world is the mess created in the living room on Christmas day. Don’t clean it up too quickly. ~Andy Rooney
- There has been only one Christmas–the rest are anniversaries. ~W.J. Cameron
- I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
- Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart. ~Washington Irving
- Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas. ~Peg Bracken
- At Christmas, all roads lead home. ~Marjorie Holmes
- Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love! ~Hamilton Wright Mabie
- Love is what’s in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen. ~Author unknown
- I wish we could put up some of the Christmas spirit in jars and open a jar of it every month. ~Harlan Miller
These simple messages are perfect for adding a little “extra something” to your Christmas cards and eCards this year:
- May your days be filled with magic and cheer!
- Decorate your Christmas with joy!
- May all your days be happy and bright!
- Warmest thoughts and best wishes for a joyful holiday season.
- Jolly holly-days to your and yours!
- Merry up and have your best Christmas ever!
- HO! HO! HOpe your holidays are filled with fun!
- Christmas…hope yours is all about the merry!
- Merry Christmas to someone who’s always on Santa’s “nice” list!
- Merry Kiss-mas!
- God bless us, everyone
- Wishing you and yours a wonderful holiday season
and all the best in the coming year!
- Merry Christmas with all the trimmings!
- Hope this season finds you all wrapped up in happy!