Valentine’s Day is this weekend, and if you don’t have a gift yet for that special someone, there’s no need to worry! It’s not about the gift, it’s about telling people how much you love them on this special day – and we have a little help for you to do just that. Click here to download and print this “I love you to the moon” quote, which is perfect for framing and will fit inside any standard 5 X 7 frame. It’s the perfect way to say those three little words that carry such a big meaning!
A birthday is a really special occasion. Valentine’s Day is also a pretty special occasion. But when someone’s got a birthday that’s also on or near Valentine’s Day, now that’s an EXTRA special occasion!
So when it comes time to writing something meaningful and appropriate in a greeting to that unique Valentine baby—whether it’s a general birthday eCard or a specific Valentine’s Day eCard—you may find yourself at a slight loss for words.
The editors at Blue Mountain offer their suggestions for sentiments that will help convey your feelings exactly. Whether you’re searching for a message that’s fun and lighthearted, or something a bit more serious and conventional, we’ve got just the right Valentine’s Day birthday wishes for you. How sweet is that!
Cute & Sweet
- From delicate lace to candy and cakes, nothing is finer or sweeter than you. Happy Valentine’s Day Birthday!
- Hope your special day is just as sweet as you. Happy Valentine’s Birthday!
- Hugs and kisses x2 on your Valentine’s birthday!
- Sending you a double dose of sweet joy and happiness on your Valentine’s Day birthday!
- Your heart is always filled with so much love, which explains why you were born on Valentine’s Day! Hope your special day is extra happy.
- May your birthday be filled with all the sweetness in the world. Happy Valentine’s Day Birthday!
- Only special people are born on the day the world celebrates love. Happy Valentine’s Birthday to special you!
- Wishing you a valentine birthday sprinkled with happiness, laughter, and love!
- Two of the sweetest days rolled into one: your birthday and Valentine’s Day. Happy happy!
- Wishing you a doubly love-filled day! Happy Valentine’s Day Birthday!
- How sweet that your birthday falls on Valentine’s Day. You get cake, ice cream, presents AND chocolate! Happy birthday!
Traditional & Heartfelt
- Wishing you a happy Valentine’s Day birthday filled with lots of love and laughter!
- Sending extra love on your Valentine’s birthday!
- February 14 is a special day for a special person: you! Happy Valentine’s Birthday!
- Wishing you a double joyous celebration. Happy Birthday and Happy Valentine’s Day!
- May your special day bring you twice as much happiness in every way. Happy Valentine’s Day Birthday!
- Heartfelt wishes for a magical double celebration. Happy Birthday! Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Hope your Valentine’s Day birthday is filled with lots of love and happiness.
- Enjoy every moment of your double-special day. Happy Birthday and Happy Valentine’s Day!
- Sending you wishes for a fun-filled day with those you care for the most. Happy Valentine’s Birthday!
- May today be just the start of a year filled with every happiness your heart could dream of. Happy Valentine’s Day Birthday!
It’s important to remember that no matter how cold it may get outside, smiling has the power to warm every soul!
This month’s free printable quote is perfect for printing, framing, and reminding us that it’s okay to smile! Print one for yourself, and a friend. The quote is easily printable and would be a fun framed addition to any desk or home. Click here to print.
As the bleak mid-winter settles in and the last of the lights and tinsel are coming down, it’s a good time to reflect on your holiday fun and the people who made it that way that you’ve still yet to thank. The beginning of the year, in itself, is a good time for us to think about doing things just a little bit better than we have before–like staying in touch more, worrying less, and showing our gratitude.
Saying, “Thank you,” doesn’t always have to be a hand-written note, although one is always appreciated. But we know that sometimes you want to do something different that’s a little more special, so we’ve rounded up some ideas that we feel anyone would appreciate and always remember.
Say it with sweets
Who doesn’t like a sweet treat? Bake them their favorite cookies, homemade bread, or buy a bag of their favorite candy or snack. Especially during these wintry months, it’s time for sweet, cozy comforts galore.
Create you own labels
Here’s a fun way to present your candy, doughnuts, or fresh-baked goods. Add a little something extra and attach a creative label. There are lots of cute ideas online like this one from Happiness is Homemade, so find your favorites and give your offering some extra flair with a personal touch.
Do something special for them
A great way to show your thanks is to treat them to dinner or a movie they’ve been wanting to see. Now’s the perfect time to catch up on those Oscar contenders, plus it allows you to spend some quality time together and is a fun way to extend your gratitude.
Pay it forward
Knowing you contributed to their favorite charity will touch their heart immensely, so donate some funds or volunteer your time in a selfless act of gratitude, and they’ll never forget it.
Brighten their world with flowers
Flowers are a timeless gift that everyone appreciates. If you happen to know their favorite flower, buy them a bouquet or arrangement and include a thank you note. Sometimes, what’s even more special are just a few blooms from your own yard or garden, when the season permits. Find a small glass vase, or even a pretty colored one like blue or pink. You could also use a clear glass vase and add any color food coloring to the water, too, for a fun touch. Then place a few sweet blooms inside. Sometimes the simplest things are the most remembered kindnesses of all.
Give them your time
This is perhaps one the most valuable and underestimated gifts. Do they need help shoveling when it snows? Offer to shovel or bring over your snow blower when the next snowfall hits to clear their property. Lawn or garden work? Give them your helping hands to weed, rake, and clear flowerbeds. Is their car in the shop? Offer to drive them to and from work, the store, or run errands. Are they lonely? Stop by with some warm coffee and conversation. Time is a gift that’s priceless and always appreciated.
Go digital with your gratitude
Thank someone on their Facebook wall so everyone knows how wonderful they were to you. You could also send a digital greeting card, which allows you to include your own personal message. We have lots of sweet and fun eCards to choose from, and you even have the option to attach a gift card for an extra special treat to go along with your greeting. We also have “Simply Thankful – Blue Mountain’s guide to positive living,” which is a wonderful page we created to inspire some thoughtful new ways to help you show gratitude.
Do you have some favorite ideas for how you like to show your appreciation? Please share them with us! We love to hear how the power of gratitude makes the world a more thoughtful, kinder place, and we thank YOU for continuing to keep it thriving and growing.
Sending a birthday card to a friend is a great way to let them know you care and that you’re thinking of them on their special day.
But after you’ve searched for that perfect card—and found it!—you might hesitate and ask yourself, “What can I write in this card that will let them know exactly how I feel?”
The experts at Blue Mountain are here to help! We’ve compiled the following suggestions for you to use exactly as written or as an idea for something even more personal. Either way, your friend will appreciate your sincerity and thoughtfulness! After all, what are friends for?
For Any Friend
- You’re such a special friend who deserves a special day just for being you. Happy Birthday!
- Here’s hoping all your birthday wishes come true. Good friends deserve that, and more.
- I’m lucky to have such a great friend as you. Wishing you the most wonderful birthday ever.
- Today’s a truly special day, my friend. Because we’re celebrating YOU!
- I’m extremely grateful that you’ve been such a big part of my life. So on this special day of yours, I’d like to say thank you and very happy birthday!
- You’re just as beautiful, genuine, and kind as the day we met. Don’t ever change. Happiest birthday, friend!
- Wishing you a happy birthday full of gratitude for our special friendship.
- If anyone deserves all the happiness in the world, it’s you. Thanks for always being there, good friend. Happy to you!
- Special friends are a rare find, but I’m so glad you’re one of mine! Happiest birthday!
- No birthday gift will ever match the gift you’ve given me: your friendship. Happy birthday to amazing you!
For Best Friend
- Have a happy, healthy, and wonderful birthday, my friend. You’re the best. The absolute bestest of best.
- I love you, my dearest friend, and I’m so excited to celebrate your special day. Happy Birthday!
- My best friend deserves the best birthday in the world. Get ready to celebrate! The party begins as soon as we’re together.
- Happy birthday to my BFF! Our friendship means more than words can say. Enjoy your special day.
- Life has given me an amazing gift: a best friend like you. Wishing you all the best on your birthday and every day.
- Wishing my best friend a beautiful day. May all be good and all come true on your very special day!
- No words can describe my appreciation for having you in my life. Best wishes to you on your birthday, my best friend!
- I’m thankful for all our adventures as best friends. I really look forward to making many more memories with you. Happy, happy!
- Your birthday is the perfect time to celebrate your special day plus all the years of being best friends. Let the celebrations begin!
- Happy birthday to my best friend. The one who knows me like no other…and the one no one else can replace. Your friendship means the world to me. Happy fun day!
We’re coming up on Thanksgiving when many of us feel that tingle of excitement at seeing friends and loved ones gathered round. We may also be feeling the tug of nostalgia for Thanksgivings gone by and people we may not be seeing this year. But we press on. Maybe this is the year we think outside the turkey and gift someone else with a Happy Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving is a perfect time to express our appreciation for all that we have, for the people we love, the friends who are always there for us, and for the hope and spiritual resolve we need to carry us through difficult times. You can reach out to family and friends this holiday with our new Blue Mountain Thanksgiving cards. Simple Gifts captures the joy and magic of a woodland celebration and features the charming Shaker hymn that it is named for. You can send a smile with our new talking cards, Happy Collie Days and Let’s Talk Turkey. And for a big laugh, you can share our diva turkey, Gloria, who will sing her hilarious parody of “I Will Survive.”
So let us be grateful for the trials we’ve survived, the blessings we enjoy today, and the joys and challenges yet to come. Whatever your plans for the holiday, we here at Blue Mountain want you to know we are ever grateful for your kind attention and wish you a warm and wonderful Thanksgiving.
We also have a brand new, beautifully Thanksgiving-inspired desktop background for your computer, phone, and even your Facebook cover image.
We’re really getting in the Halloween spirit this week! Decorations are going up, costumes are being planned, and everyone is starting to buzz with Halloween energy. And while we’ve been decorating and munching on candy corn, we’ve been listening to a lot of Halloween-inspired music. We thought we would put a few of our favorite spooky favorites in a Halloween playlist to share. Enjoy! Share some of your songs from your Halloween playlist in the comments to help get everyone in the spooky spirit.
Sweetest Day was first started when Birch Kingston wanted to bring cheer to local orphans, elderly and service people in Cleveland, OH. He acknowledged that many of these people may feel forgotten during other holidays, and because he worked for a local candy company, he started giving out special sweets to the community. To learn more about the history of Sweetest Day, click here.
We wanted to celebrate by offering this free printable quote that’s perfect for celebrating your friends, family, or your sweetie on this fun holiday. The quote is easily printable and would be a fun framed addition to any desk or home.
Click here to print!
Last month we talked about ways to make a fresh start in the fall, and one important thing you can do for yourself, is declutter your home before the holidays. The above quote by William Morris, famous for his wallpaper designs, really captures the essence of a clean, well-organized home.
Here are 5 questions to consider when decluttering:
Is it something that you’re keeping because you might need it someday?
Donate it to someone who needs it today.
Is it something you would buy all over again?
If not, someone else can use it.
Have you worn it/used it in the last year?
If not, let it make someone else happy.
Is it something you’ve been meaning to mend, repair, read, or assemble for over a year?
You probably won’t. Buh-bye.
Is it something that brings you joy?
An organized home gives you more time for the things that really matter, like connecting with the special people in your life. This Halloween, you can treat them to beautiful and fun new cards created by Blue Mountain. We think you’ll be enchanted by Moon Magic, Funny Bones and our new Halloween “Happy” card. Be sure to remember your boss on Boss’s Day, the 16th, and your Sweetie on Sweetest Day, the 17th. We’ve also designed new cards for your all your fall birthday friends.
I have to agree with Anne Shirley in Anne of Green Gables who said, “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
Fall into fun!
We have written blogs about making people smile and random acts of kindness with the intent to get people thinking about looking beyond themselves and reaching out to others who could use some cheering up.
Since it’s been a while, we wanted to reconnect and see how it’s going with your new mission to brighten someone’s day—everyday.
- Are you making a conscious effort to share and spread kindness as often as possible?
- Are you surprising and delighting people with anonymous gestures, both big and small?
- Are you sharing generosity and thoughtfulness with friends and strangers alike?
If so, we’d love to hear about it – or better yet we’d like to see your badge of honor. We invite you to post your good deeds on our Facebook page along with the above image. Simply right click on the image, save it to your desktop, and then post it in your status on Facebook, while including what you did recently to brighten someone’s day.