Now that the air is turning chillier, leaves are turning color, and autumn is officially here, it’s time to finally start shifting our menus to new recipes. No more light salads, chilled soups, and berry sorbets. Instead, we’re invited to turn our focus to comfort foods, heartier fares, and more substantial desserts using today’s fresh, seasonal ingredients: pumpkin, sweet potatoes, broccoli, beets, winter squash, kale, parsnips, chestnuts, apples, pears, cranberries, and more.For a nice variety of recipes incorporating some of these fall-weather fruits and vegetables, take a look at the delicious dishes we’ve gathered for you.
1. Apple Cinnamon Crepes: Julia’s Album
2. Individual Chicken Pot Pies: The Yellow Table
3. Pot Roast, Potatoes & Root Vegetables:Fox News Magazine
4. Chicken Stew, Butternut Squash & Quinoa: Cookin’ Canuck
5. Halibut, Roasted Beets, Beet Greens & Dill-Orange Gremolata:Epicurious
6. Cranberry Orange Cheesecake: Gimme Some Oven
We’ve also included a few extra recipes you can print out: One for Cream of Broccoli Soup and one for a delicious Pumpkin Roll. We created these cards exclusively for our Blue Mountain friends from our editors’ family favorites. (To print out the recipe card, simple click on “Cream of Broccoli Soup” and/or “Pumpkin Roll” in the above sentence.) Happy eating!