Sisters share an unbreakable bond, and did you know that there is a special day just for celebrating what that bond means?!? August 2 is National Sisters Day – a day to spend with your sisters, or even friends who are like sisters to you. We created this special postcard just to help you celebrate. Click here to view, send, and share. Happy Sisters Day!
Gardens—of any and all kinds—bring both joy and tranquility to those who cultivate and grow them. Whether it’s a flower garden, a vegetable garden, an herb garden, or a purely whimsical garden, it’s a place that becomes your haven. Your sanctuary. Your masterpiece.
Of course, gardens take time and patience. You need to plan, plant, water, and weed. But you also get to enjoy every moment, watching them grow into the magnificent fruits of your labor.
1. Vegetable Garden: Juneau Empire
2. Whimsical Garden: Gardening Gone Wild
3. Herb Garden: Persephone Magazine
4. Vegetable Garden: LLH Designs
5. Flower Garden: Architecture Art Designs
6. Herb Garden: Not Just a Housewife
Blue Mountain certainly appreciates the significance of lovely gardens to our readers. That’s why we love to create beautiful eCards that specifically feature a garden theme. Click here to see some enchanting examples—and then be sure to send one to someone special today. Summer gardening is one of the best ways to brighten up any ones yard.
If you already have a garden growing right now, wonderful! If not, we’d love to offer some creative examples of unique gardens you may want to consider growing yourself. Or at least to “oooh” and “aaah” over.
Life is like everything else—we get out of it what we put into it. You can wait for an adventure to come knocking at your door, or you can go out and make one happen.
When was the last time you did something for the first time? It doesn’t have to be base jumping or highlining, it can be as simple as taking a dance lesson, attending a music festival, joining a hiking group or embarking on a road trip. Children have an innate sense of adventure, so pack a picnic and invite your kids and grandkids, or borrow someone else’s, and go exploring. Now is the new never.
Summer is a great time for making new memories and revisiting old ones. Are there elements you could add to your décor that evoke happy recollections, like wildflowers in mason jars, bowls of seashells and sea glass, wind chimes and Japanese lanterns? Are there summertime drinks that remind you of home, like sweet tea or sangria or root beer floats? Maybe you could you return to a favorite family vacation spot or theme park. The Fourth of July is a perfect time to revive some childhood traditions.
On July 4th we commemorate the day in 1776 when our Declaration of Independence was signed and our freedom declared—a freedom that we continue to cherish and protect. Parades, picnics, BBQ’s, sparklers and fireworks are all part of the fun. And while you’re celebrating our nation’s birthday, remember all your family and friends who are celebrating theirs this summer, by sending them Blue Mountain Birthday eCards.
We also have a brand new, beautiful desktop background for your computer phone, and even your Facebook cover image.
Go 4th and have fun!
New month, new day, new dreams–it does seem like anything is possible in May. In a whirlwind of spring cleaning, we’ve put away our winter things—sweaters, boots and ice scrapers and we’ve begun mowing, mulching and weeding. It won’t be long before we’re barefoot in the grass again. We’re shaking out our welcome mats and looking forward to entertaining our family and friends on the warm and sunny days ahead.
May is filled with reasons to celebrate! Bookending the month, we have Nurses week at the beginning (where would we be without them?) and Memorial Day on the 25th, when we honor and remember those who have served our country.
On May 10th, we celebrate all the great moms in our lives on Mother’s Day. Here at Blue Mountain, we’ve been creating some wonderful new cards especially for her. Inspired by beautiful Boston Public Garden, we imagined a scene from the turn of the century with the swan boats drifting on the lagoon to the music of a string quartet along the bank, playing Minuet in G. Our favorite collage artist has created a stunning new design, incorporating warm and loving wishes for Mom. And you’ll be happy to hear, we’ve designed a new Mother’s Day card, featuring Pharrell Williams’ song, “Happy.” If you’re a Talking Card fan, you’ll enjoy our new glam dog at the spa, “Paws and Relax.”
Happy May and Happy Mother’s Day!
Caroline Martlew, Senior Editor
By definition, an anniversary marks a date that’s remembered because of a significant event. In this case, we’re highlighting a wedding anniversary, either your own or that of someone you care about.
To help celebrate this extra special occasion, you probably would want to send an anniversary card. But you really want it to speak straight from the heart—and every word needs to be both meaningful and sincere.
After you’ve finally settled on the perfect card, you then most probably will want to add your own personal note. And this is where the challenge lies. Where to begin? How to phrase your thoughts and wishes? What exactly to include?
Blue Mountain is here to help!
First of all, it’s best to keep anything you write short and sweet. (Think of one warm thought or feeling, one compliment about the other person, or one statement of gratitude.) It’s also important to express your feelings in your own genuine style (e.g., cute, simple, direct, romantic, corny, funny, etc.). Finally, be sure to keep the recipient clearly in mind, whether it’s a spouse, a friend, or a relative— and speak directly to them as you normally would in person.
For some great examples of what to write in an anniversary card, we’d like to share several ways to address that very special someone in your life:
For Your Own Spouse
- To my one and only.
- You are my endless love!
- My heart is yours forever.
- Thank you for another wonderful year.
- I offer my heart to you again. And again. And again.
- After all this time, you’re still absolutely, undeniably incredible to me.
- My love is real because of you.
- You make my life complete.
- I love you not only for who you are, but for who I am when I’m with you.
- To another year full of joy, love, and bliss.
- Our union tells me God has blessed me with a tremendous gift.
- I’m honored to grow old with you and to share memories of the blessed life we have together.
- Happy anniversary to my best friend, the love of my life, and all the other titles you deserve.
- Every year with you is sweeter than the last.
- The longer we’re married, the more I realize I got the better end of the deal.
- When I look into your eyes, I see a reflection of the love we’ve share and the many more happy years to come.
- How sweet it is to be loved by you.
- Every year that passes, I fall more and more in love with you.
- One year down. Many, many more wonderful ones to go!
- To the one person in this world who makes me the happiest!
For Someone Else
- Congratulations on so many wonderful years together!
- A wish that all your days together continue to be touched with lasting love.
- May the cherished memories of the years you’ve shared make this anniversary a wonderful celebration indeed.
- Wishing you a wonderful anniversary and a beautiful future with your one true love.
- Congratulations on your anniversary and best wishes for many more wonderful years to come.
- May you continue to be as blessed by your life together as those around you are blessed by your example of unconditional love.
- True love stories never end.
- To the couple who best exemplifies happily ever after.
- May every year you share find you still more and more in love with each other.
- Wishing you a very joyful anniversary and many more to come.
- Happy anniversary to one of the coolest couples around!
- Wishing you the special moments this golden day can bring, and through the years ahead of you, the best of everything!
- May God bless you on this momentous occasion.
- With love and best wishes for your anniversary.
- Together may you share the things a perfect anniversary brings!
- Wishing you all the happiness any couple could have.
- May this be a day of tender moments, warm memories, and wonderful wishes for the future.
- Celebrate the love that promises to bring so many more years of pure joy.
- May your love continue to inspire others by shining brightly for years to come. Congratulations.
- Wishing you much happiness as you continue to celebrate all the joys your marriage has brought.
It’s March, and Spring is nearly here! Yay! Here at Blue Mountain, the spring, or vernal, equinox happens on Friday, March 20 at 6:45 PM. We are so ready. The equinox marks the moment the Sun crosses the celestial equator – the imaginary line in the sky above the Earth’s equator – from south to north. The equinox is the day of the year when light and dark are equal and balanced. (It’s said that on this day you can balance an egg on its end.)
Spring is a time of hope and renewal. Nature is always dealing with adversity, yet continually renews itself in spring. Even after the coldest, frostiest, most challenging winter, spring arrives. That gives us all a reason to be optimistic.
Part of renewal is letting go of what you don’t need. Maybe you’ve been storing things you don’t use, that other people desperately need. But spring cleaning isn’t just about getting rid of the clutter. It’s about making room for new things in your life, things that uplift your spirit, like taking a class, tending a garden, and entertaining friends.
Spring is a great time to renew old friendships that have been hibernating over the winter. Blue Mountain has many friendship and encouragement cards designed to put you back in touch and uplift someone’s spirit. On March 17th, we honor St. Patrick who brought Christianity to the Emerald Isles. We’ve designed a beautiful new card with an adorable Border Collie puppy, featuring a dulcimer playing an Irish classic. Afterall, everyone is a little bit Irish on St. Patrick’s Day!
We wanted to offer our friends and fans a beautiful Spring-inspired download for your desktop background, your phone background, or even your Facebook cover image.
As we venture into a brand new year, we want to motivate you in more ways than just eating fewer carbs and cleaning out that junk drawer. This year, let’s make a resolution to be better to ourselves; to live more fully than we perhaps have allowed ourselves to do in the past year.
To help you do that, we’ve pulled together some New Years Resolutions that you can print and cut out to put on display throughout your home, in your car, in your gym bag, on your computer—anywhere you can think of that will inspire you and serve as gentle reminders of how you can learn, grow, and flourish through an amazing year.
Click Here to print these inspirations today!
As a brand new year begins, so too does a whole new chance for each of us to learn more, do more, be more. Don’t lament what “wasn’t” in 2014—chances not taken, books unread, letters never sent—let it go, as the song goes that is now ‘frozen’ into our heads. Let it all go, and let’s get on with what lies in front of us—365 new chances to live more fully.
All journeys begin with a single step, and to help you down your “yellow brick road” of 2015, we’ve compiled a printable goal sheet to help you get the most out of the year ahead. Let it inspire you to focus on what you love and what matters to you, and you’ll soon discover that you’re moving through this new year with a renewed spirit and sense of true fulfillment.
Click Here to print your goal sheet today!
2015 is a new chapter in the story of our lives. We can fill in the pages however we choose. It’s a good time to ask yourself, when was the last time you did something for the first time? It was easy to have lots of first times when we were younger–first steps, first day at school, first kiss, first job, first apartment. As we get older, we have to look a little harder to create new first times for ourselves.
Author Jack London said “You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.” So let’s go after more—more laughter, more adventures, more creating, more fun, more trips, more sleep, more real food, more kindness, more love. This new year can be the beginning of anything you want.
You can wish your friends and family a year of new beginnings with our Blue Mountain “New Year Wishes” card, a beautiful and scenic trip through the seasons. They may also enjoy celebrating New Years around the world, from Sydney, to St.Petersburg, to Paris and London and on to New York City, with our “World of Wishes” card.
However you celebrate, let’s promise to hug the ones we love and make sure they always know how much they mean to us.
Happy New Year!
Caroline Martlew, Senior Editor
For help on how to install, click here.
No doubt about it, parties are fun! They are happy occasions when people get together to enjoy each other’s company. And frankly, you are quite good at putting together some pretty incredible gatherings.But as you prepare to host a party for a group that will span several generations—from babies to seniors—you may suddenly find yourself rethinking your tried-and-true party plans. A little doubt creeps in and your mind starts to race.
How can I keep everyone engaged at the same time?
How can I make sure everyone is comfortable?
What can I serve that everyone will like?
What can I do to ensure everyone has a good time?
Well, lucky for you, Blue Mountain has gathered some very helpful tips to ensure your next multigenerational party will be a huge success. We’d love to share them with you now!