Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away, and it’s the perfect time to focus on gratitude and the small, simple gifts that we can give each day. Gifts like kindness and love don’t cost anything, but have such a powerful impact. We came across this quote from L.O. Baird and we felt it perfectly summed up what this time of year is truly about. Click here to download, print, and maybe even frame this lovely quote. Hang it in your office or home, or even better, give it to a friend or loved one.
We have written blogs about making people smile and random acts of kindness with the intent to get people thinking about looking beyond themselves and reaching out to others who could use some cheering up.
Since it’s been a while, we wanted to reconnect and see how it’s going with your new mission to brighten someone’s day—everyday.
- Are you making a conscious effort to share and spread kindness as often as possible?
- Are you surprising and delighting people with anonymous gestures, both big and small?
- Are you sharing generosity and thoughtfulness with friends and strangers alike?
If so, we’d love to hear about it – or better yet we’d like to see your badge of honor. We invite you to post your good deeds on our Facebook page along with the above image. Simply right click on the image, save it to your desktop, and then post it in your status on Facebook, while including what you did recently to brighten someone’s day.
I hope everyone has had a wonderful and memorable summer. Inevitably, every summer comes to an end, but every ending is a new beginning. It’s time to trust in the magic of new beginnings and let your imagination fly.
Here are 8 ways you can make a fresh start this fall:
- Choose a new hobby or craft to take you through the winter.
- Plant bulbs in your garden for next spring.
- Start a gratitude journal.
- Declutter your home before the holidays.
- Change up your workout routine.
- Plan a road trip to enjoy the brilliantly changing leaves.
- Create a new reading list.
- Promise yourself to get in touch with old friends.
When you’re making your get-in-touch list, be sure to remember Grandparents Day on the 13th and your friends who are celebrating the new year on Rosh Hashanah, which also falls on the 13th. Here at Blue Mountain we’ve created new cards for all your fall occasions, including fun, interactive cards, fall birthday cards, and even a new card to celebrate the changing season.
We also have a brand new, beautifully Fall-inspired desktop background for your computer, phone, and even your Facebook cover image.
Autumn gardens, caramel apples, cozy sweaters, toasty bonfires, pumpkin spice lattes…Let the fall fun begin!
Caroline Martlew _ Senior Editor
When it comes to fun and adventure, there’s no better season than summer to charter unknown territory with your friends. From traveling and hiking, to exploring your own city or offering up your time to assist a person or organization, there’s always something new to learn, unfamiliar places to explore, and grand experiences lying just around the bend.
We’ve collected six fun and different ideas you might like to try, or they may even spark an idea of your own. So grab your friends and set out on some new adventures, and be ready to make some beautiful memories that will last a lifetime. There’s still so much summer to enjoy!
- Get up, up, and away! Whether you’re heading off for a week at the seaside or a fun day trip, parasailing will give you the ultimate adventure of fun in the sun! It’s one of those “someday” activities that we always want to try but never seem to get around to. Unleash your hesitations and let your spirit soar!
- Take a random road trip. Let fate plan your fun by throwing darts at a map of your county (or of your state or country if you’re up for a longer excursion) and wherever they come closest to is your road trip to remember. If you happen to be near the World’s Largest Frying Pan or Biggest Ball of Twine, Roadside America will make sure you don’t miss it. Don’t worry too much about taking an exact route—the goal here is the fun and stories you’ll gather along the way.
- Food truck day. If you’re tired of the same old restaurants or just want to cut back a bit on spending while you explore your town or city, switch things up and chase down some delicious food trucks! Have each friend pick a different truck for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and of course—snacks and treats! Or have each friend pick a different food truck each week, and plan to meet for lunch throughout the month. It’s amazing what new and different things you can experience right in your own city.
- Go on a hike and pack your own trail mix. Hiking doesn’t have to be an all-day trek through the wilderness. Visit your local trails or your state park and relish the fresh air as you catch up,unplug, and drink in nature’s scenic beauty. Have each friend bring a batch of homemade trail mix to share during your outing.
- Try a completely new activity without spending a lot. Always wanted to try yoga? Never learned to swim? How about learning how to paint? It’s always refreshing to try something new with friends, and with helpful sites like Groupon and Living Social, you’ll find great deals and discounts to boot.
- Volunteer for a good cause. There’s no better feeling than helping someone else, so gather your friends and do something for the greater good. You can help build homes with Habitat for Humanity, volunteer at a local animal shelter, rock babies at your hospital, or even band together and help a sick or elderly neighbor by mowing, weeding, and beautifying their yard. There’s no greater joy to be had than sharing a simple act of kindness.
We hope you are all enjoying the sunshine and warm weather of sweet, sweet summertime! The feelings that summer bring out should be shared, so we wanted to create this printable, and framable summer quote for you. Hang it on your wall, at your desk, or give to a friend. Enjoy!
Click here to download, print, and frame
Sisters share an unbreakable bond, and did you know that there is a special day just for celebrating what that bond means?!? August 2 is National Sisters Day – a day to spend with your sisters, or even friends who are like sisters to you. We created this special postcard just to help you celebrate. Click here to view, send, and share. Happy Sisters Day!
Gardens—of any and all kinds—bring both joy and tranquility to those who cultivate and grow them. Whether it’s a flower garden, a vegetable garden, an herb garden, or a purely whimsical garden, it’s a place that becomes your haven. Your sanctuary. Your masterpiece.
Of course, gardens take time and patience. You need to plan, plant, water, and weed. But you also get to enjoy every moment, watching them grow into the magnificent fruits of your labor.
1. Vegetable Garden: Juneau Empire
2. Whimsical Garden: Gardening Gone Wild
3. Herb Garden: Persephone Magazine
4. Vegetable Garden: LLH Designs
5. Flower Garden: Architecture Art Designs
6. Herb Garden: Not Just a Housewife
Blue Mountain certainly appreciates the significance of lovely gardens to our readers. That’s why we love to create beautiful eCards that specifically feature a garden theme. Click here to see some enchanting examples—and then be sure to send one to someone special today. Summer gardening is one of the best ways to brighten up any ones yard.
If you already have a garden growing right now, wonderful! If not, we’d love to offer some creative examples of unique gardens you may want to consider growing yourself. Or at least to “oooh” and “aaah” over.
Life is like everything else—we get out of it what we put into it. You can wait for an adventure to come knocking at your door, or you can go out and make one happen.
When was the last time you did something for the first time? It doesn’t have to be base jumping or highlining, it can be as simple as taking a dance lesson, attending a music festival, joining a hiking group or embarking on a road trip. Children have an innate sense of adventure, so pack a picnic and invite your kids and grandkids, or borrow someone else’s, and go exploring. Now is the new never.
Summer is a great time for making new memories and revisiting old ones. Are there elements you could add to your décor that evoke happy recollections, like wildflowers in mason jars, bowls of seashells and sea glass, wind chimes and Japanese lanterns? Are there summertime drinks that remind you of home, like sweet tea or sangria or root beer floats? Maybe you could you return to a favorite family vacation spot or theme park. The Fourth of July is a perfect time to revive some childhood traditions.
On July 4th we commemorate the day in 1776 when our Declaration of Independence was signed and our freedom declared—a freedom that we continue to cherish and protect. Parades, picnics, BBQ’s, sparklers and fireworks are all part of the fun. And while you’re celebrating our nation’s birthday, remember all your family and friends who are celebrating theirs this summer, by sending them Blue Mountain Birthday eCards.
We also have a brand new, beautiful desktop background for your computer phone, and even your Facebook cover image.
Go 4th and have fun!
New month, new day, new dreams–it does seem like anything is possible in May. In a whirlwind of spring cleaning, we’ve put away our winter things—sweaters, boots and ice scrapers and we’ve begun mowing, mulching and weeding. It won’t be long before we’re barefoot in the grass again. We’re shaking out our welcome mats and looking forward to entertaining our family and friends on the warm and sunny days ahead.
May is filled with reasons to celebrate! Bookending the month, we have Nurses week at the beginning (where would we be without them?) and Memorial Day on the 25th, when we honor and remember those who have served our country.
On May 10th, we celebrate all the great moms in our lives on Mother’s Day. Here at Blue Mountain, we’ve been creating some wonderful new cards especially for her. Inspired by beautiful Boston Public Garden, we imagined a scene from the turn of the century with the swan boats drifting on the lagoon to the music of a string quartet along the bank, playing Minuet in G. Our favorite collage artist has created a stunning new design, incorporating warm and loving wishes for Mom. And you’ll be happy to hear, we’ve designed a new Mother’s Day card, featuring Pharrell Williams’ song, “Happy.” If you’re a Talking Card fan, you’ll enjoy our new glam dog at the spa, “Paws and Relax.”
Happy May and Happy Mother’s Day!
Caroline Martlew, Senior Editor
By definition, an anniversary marks a date that’s remembered because of a significant event. In this case, we’re highlighting a wedding anniversary, either your own or that of someone you care about.
To help celebrate this extra special occasion, you probably would want to send an anniversary card. But you really want it to speak straight from the heart—and every word needs to be both meaningful and sincere.
After you’ve finally settled on the perfect card, you then most probably will want to add your own personal note. And this is where the challenge lies. Where to begin? How to phrase your thoughts and wishes? What exactly to include?
Blue Mountain is here to help!
First of all, it’s best to keep anything you write short and sweet. (Think of one warm thought or feeling, one compliment about the other person, or one statement of gratitude.) It’s also important to express your feelings in your own genuine style (e.g., cute, simple, direct, romantic, corny, funny, etc.). Finally, be sure to keep the recipient clearly in mind, whether it’s a spouse, a friend, or a relative— and speak directly to them as you normally would in person.
For some great examples of what to write in an anniversary card, we’d like to share several ways to address that very special someone in your life:
For Your Own Spouse
- To my one and only.
- You are my endless love!
- My heart is yours forever.
- Thank you for another wonderful year.
- I offer my heart to you again. And again. And again.
- After all this time, you’re still absolutely, undeniably incredible to me.
- My love is real because of you.
- You make my life complete.
- I love you not only for who you are, but for who I am when I’m with you.
- To another year full of joy, love, and bliss.
- Our union tells me God has blessed me with a tremendous gift.
- I’m honored to grow old with you and to share memories of the blessed life we have together.
- Happy anniversary to my best friend, the love of my life, and all the other titles you deserve.
- Every year with you is sweeter than the last.
- The longer we’re married, the more I realize I got the better end of the deal.
- When I look into your eyes, I see a reflection of the love we’ve share and the many more happy years to come.
- How sweet it is to be loved by you.
- Every year that passes, I fall more and more in love with you.
- One year down. Many, many more wonderful ones to go!
- To the one person in this world who makes me the happiest!
For Someone Else
- Congratulations on so many wonderful years together!
- A wish that all your days together continue to be touched with lasting love.
- May the cherished memories of the years you’ve shared make this anniversary a wonderful celebration indeed.
- Wishing you a wonderful anniversary and a beautiful future with your one true love.
- Congratulations on your anniversary and best wishes for many more wonderful years to come.
- May you continue to be as blessed by your life together as those around you are blessed by your example of unconditional love.
- True love stories never end.
- To the couple who best exemplifies happily ever after.
- May every year you share find you still more and more in love with each other.
- Wishing you a very joyful anniversary and many more to come.
- Happy anniversary to one of the coolest couples around!
- Wishing you the special moments this golden day can bring, and through the years ahead of you, the best of everything!
- May God bless you on this momentous occasion.
- With love and best wishes for your anniversary.
- Together may you share the things a perfect anniversary brings!
- Wishing you all the happiness any couple could have.
- May this be a day of tender moments, warm memories, and wonderful wishes for the future.
- Celebrate the love that promises to bring so many more years of pure joy.
- May your love continue to inspire others by shining brightly for years to come. Congratulations.
- Wishing you much happiness as you continue to celebrate all the joys your marriage has brought.