Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and if you don’t have a gift for that special someone yet, there’s no need to worry! It’s not about the gift, it’s about telling people how much you love them on this special day – and we have a little help for you to do just that. Click here to download and print this “I love you to the moon” quote, which is perfect for framing and will fit inside any standard 5 X 7 frame. It’s the perfect way to say those three little words that carry such a big meaning!
Now that the air is turning chillier, leaves are turning color, and autumn is officially here, it’s time to finally start shifting our menus to new recipes. No more light salads, chilled soups, and berry sorbets. Instead, we’re invited to turn our focus to comfort foods, heartier fares, and more substantial desserts using today’s fresh, seasonal ingredients: pumpkin, sweet potatoes, broccoli, beets, winter squash, kale, parsnips, chestnuts, apples, pears, cranberries, and more.For a nice variety of recipes incorporating some of these fall-weather fruits and vegetables, take a look at the delicious dishes we’ve gathered for you.
1. Apple Cinnamon Crepes: Julia’s Album
2. Individual Chicken Pot Pies: The Yellow Table
3. Pot Roast, Potatoes & Root Vegetables:Fox News Magazine
4. Chicken Stew, Butternut Squash & Quinoa: Cookin’ Canuck
5. Halibut, Roasted Beets, Beet Greens & Dill-Orange Gremolata:Epicurious
6. Cranberry Orange Cheesecake: Gimme Some Oven
We’ve also included a few extra recipes you can print out: One for Cream of Broccoli Soup and one for a delicious Pumpkin Roll. We created these cards exclusively for our Blue Mountain friends from our editors’ family favorites. (To print out the recipe card, simple click on “Cream of Broccoli Soup” and/or “Pumpkin Roll” in the above sentence.) Happy eating!
There must be a rule somewhere that states when summertime is here, delicious, colorful drinks must be had, and we don’t mind that rule one bit. When summer cocktails came to mind, a few of us immediately thought of sangria—with its red and white varieties that include endless fruit combinations, there’s simply no reason not to enjoy it all summer long.
However, we were surprised to discover that there was one type of sangria that we’ve never even considered before—frozen! Naturally, when we found this happy delight from lemon tree dwelling, we couldn’t hold back from sharing it with you. So, without further ado, please print and enjoy this free recipe card for Tropical Frozen Sangria, and come along with us to savor the flavors of summer!
Happy summer! With the Summer Solstice upon us, the time is right to send especially warm wishes to anyone lucky enough to enjoy a summer birthday.
The first thing you’ll want to do is choose a lovely birthday card that conveys your sentiments best. If it’s a specific summer birthday card, even better! The goal is to find an overall design and mood that’s sunny, bright, cheerful, and happy—just like summer itself.
Next, you’ll want to add your own personal message. This adds an extra nice touch that shows the birthday girl or boy you care enough to take the time and express wishes that are as joyful as a summer day.
If you need a little help and are looking for some inspiration on what to write in a summer birthday card, look no further. Here are some wonderful examples from the editors at Blue Mountain to help you get started and make someone’s happy day even happier!
- Sending a sunny smile and big warm hug to the coolest summer baby I know!
- Ice cream. Pool parties. And you. All the things I love most about summer. Happy birthday!
- Hope your summer birthday is a real splash!
- It’s warm. It’s cool. It’s your special day. Make it the very best. Happy birthday!
- Wishing you a birthday that’s super sunny and bright!
- I hope your day is filled with lots of extra love, laughter, and sunshine! And may all your wishes come true.
- Because you were born in the summer, ordinary birthday wishes simply won’t do. Instead, I’m sending you the warmest, sunniest, and brightest greetings possible.
- Celebrate…and stay cool! Happy birthday!
- Sending you warmest wishes for the best summer birthday ever!
- Today is the day you made the world a sunnier place just by being born. Happy birthday!
Cheers! It’s National Wine Day! If you ever needed a reason to uncork a bottle of your favorite ‘vino’ (not that you ever needed one before) you certainly have one today. (You also had one in February for the separate, but similar, National Drink Wine Day, but, like glasses of wine, who’s counting?)
Today is all about spreading the love and health benefits of this liquid of the gods that’s praised for its positive benefits of new friends, reduced risk of heart disease, and the enhancement of food and life. To help set the festive mood, we’ve created a fun roundup full of crafts, gift ideas, and more that will bring your love of wine out to play.
So get set to let wine do what it does best – bring us together with the ones we love.
1. These adorable wine charms by Personalizedsite make the perfect hostess gift for everyone to enjoy.
2. Every wine lover needs to know these invaluable wine hacks by BRIT + CO.
3. Have wine will travel! This foldable wine bottle by Wine2Go goes where you do.
4. These Wine Bottle Trays from The Concord Cottage make for the prettiest presentation.
5. Choose red or white for this Love Wine Necklace from ShineOn and pour out the fun.
6. Half a bottle of red for you and half for this scrumptious Chocolate Red Wine Chiffon Cake from Sprinkle Bakes.
Oops, you just forgot someone’s birthday. You didn’t mean to. Really, you didn’t. But life got busy, time slipped by, and before you knew it, their big day came and went—and you never got around to sending them a birthday card.
Yikes! The last thing you want is for that person to think you didn’t care enough to remember them on their special day.
So, what can you do now?
First of all, don’t feel bad or embarrassed. It happens to the best of us. Most people understand. They really do. Second, realize that it’s far better to recognize someone’s birthday a little late than not at all.
Which brings us to…
Last, but not least, the best solution to forgetting someone’s birthday is to find the perfect belated birthday card and make sure they know you’re still thinking of them fondly.
As far as what you should write in a belated birthday card, well that can get a little tricky. You want to definitely convey sincerity. And genuine remorse. After all, you truly ARE sorry you missed their birthday, whether by a day or by a mile.
But depending on whether or not the birthday person is actually angry with you for forgetting their day, a little humor can also go a long way.
The bottom line is, you want to address your tardiness and make the people you love feel just as special now as if you had remembered them on time.
Here are some belated birthday message ideas to help you get started. (And try to remember on time next year!)
HEARTFELT BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES
- Hope your birthday was as incredibly special as you are. And even though this wish comes a little late, it’s timelessly sincere. Happy belated birthday!
- Sending you the happiest belated birthday wish. So sorry I missed your special day.
- My most sincere apologies for missing one of the best days of the year: your birthday! Hope it was terrific.
- I’m so sorry this is a little late. But I hope your year will bring all great things. Happy belated birthday!
- Birthdays come only once a year, but our friendship is forever. Hope you’ll forgive me. Happy belated birthday.
- Hope all your birthday wishes came true. But just to make sure, here’s one more for good luck. Yes, maybe a little late, but absolutely heartfelt. Happy belated birthday!
- It’s embarrassing to be the last one to wish you a happy birthday. But I hope you had the most amazing day.
- Yes, birthdays are special days. But you’re special every single day. Here’s to you! Happy belated birthday.
- Happy late birthday. Please forgive me for sending these delayed wishes, but hope your day was nothing but awesome!
- Even though this card is a little late, the wish it brings for happiness is good any day of the year. Happy belated birthday!
FUNNY BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES
- I’m so sorry I forgot your birthday. But hey, at least I didn’t forget I forgot. Happy belated birthday!
- You do realize I didn’t technically “forget” your birthday? I’m just fashionably late…as usual. Happy happy!
- I’m mortified that I missed having some cake on your birthday. So to make up for it, I’m having two desserts today. In your honor. Happy belated birthday!
- You should actually be thanking me for forgetting your birthday. Because now I gotta get you two gifts: one for your birthday and one to cheer you up. Hope your day was terrific!
- Heard you’re celebrating a belated birthday. Bet all the other fools sent their cards on time! Have a good one.
- I know I forgot your birthday. But trust me, it hurts me more than you. I can’t eat. I can’t sleep. I’m shaking all over. Kinda like the flu. Please forgive me.
- Personally, I prefer to celebrate your birth month rather than your birth date. I’m still on time, right? Well, happy birthday either way!
- Seriously, there’s no excuse for me forgetting your birthday. But if it would make you feel better, I could surely make something up. Hope you had a great one!
- Think of this birthday wish as being either very late…or extremely early. I prefer the latter. Either way, happy birthday!
- The good news is that the earth didn’t swallow me up. The bad news is that your card wasn’t so lucky. So here’s another. Happy belated birthday!
Mother’s Day is this weekend, and it’s the perfect day to let all the moms in our lives know how much we love and appreciate them. That’s why we’ve taken some sweet quotes and poems about moms and offered them as FREE printables on our site. The quotes are inspirational, and the poems are originals from our very own Blue Mountain editors! You can find the entire offering by clicking here.
This month’s printable quote is a good reminder to focus on what really matters. Whether the good in your life includes your family, friends, faith, or the fun you share with all three, concentrate on the positivity around you! Enjoy this beautifully designed inspirational quote, which is yours for the taking when you click here to download a free pdf.
We have written blogs about making people smile and random acts of kindness with the intent to get people thinking about looking beyond themselves and reaching out to others who could use some cheering up.
Since it’s been a while, we wanted to reconnect and see how it’s going with your new mission to brighten someone’s day—everyday.
- Are you making a conscious effort to share and spread kindness as often as possible?
- Are you surprising and delighting people with anonymous gestures, both big and small?
- Are you sharing generosity and thoughtfulness with friends and strangers alike?
If so, we’d love to hear about it – or better yet we’d like to see your badge of honor. We invite you to post your good deeds on our Facebook page along with the above image. Simply right click on the image, save it to your desktop, and then post it in your status on Facebook, while including what you did recently to brighten someone’s day.
You’re an expert hostess who knows how to throw a great party. Whether it’s a formal sit-down dinner for 20, or a casual get-together for family and friends, you’ve done it all. In fact, you’ve been doing it for years. You’ve got all the details down. And you always seem to make it look so seamless, so effortless. However…
…there are always going to be some exciting, new ideas you may want to consider to freshen up your tried-and-true entertaining routine. Perhaps an especially pretty tablescape detail. Or a particularly unique recipe. Or maybe even a clever party theme.
The editors at Blue Mountain have joined together to assemble some of their favorite suggestions for your upcoming holiday party. We hope by doing so, we’ll inspire you to try at least one new party idea this joyous season. Merry Christmas to you and yours!
1. Ornate Framed Menu Chalkboard via HGTV
2. Rosemary Wreath Place Card via The Happier Homemaker
3. Candy Flower Centerpiece via Stonewall Kitchen
4. Christmas Tree Cheese Board via Kraft
5. Simmering Homemade Potpourri via Marty’s Musings
6. Hot Chocolate Bar with Free Chalkboard Printables via Yellow Bliss Road