Today marks “Be an Angel Day,” which celebrates making the world a better place through acts of kindness, care and support. It’s pretty fitting that this day falls within national friendship week because we all know that friends are angels in disguise.
Anyone can be an Angel, and sometimes just a smile can lighten the heaviest heart. Here are some simple things that anyone can do to brighten someone’s day.
- Call someone you have not talked to in a long time, and spend some time catching up.
- Let go of old hurts and practice forgiveness in all your relationships.
- Bake some cookies, or make a meal and invite your neighbors over.
- Help out your older neighbors by grocery shopping, or taking out their trash.
- Invite an unemployed friend to share in a special dinner or function and take care of the cost.
- Send a card just because. It’s sure to brighten someone’s day to know they are being though about.
- Volunteer at a homeless shelter or food bank.
- Offer to babysit for a couple so they can share a night out.
- Donate money or goods to a local charity.
- Call an old friend and catch up with an ol’ fashion gab session.