As you kick off your 4th of July with family, friends, and all that Independence Day has to offer, here is some fun historical holiday trivia, plus, recipes and great gift ideas to go along with all your festivities.
Fun 4th of July Quiz:
As America celebrates its independence, see how well you know your 4th of July history with this fun quiz (Answers at bottom. Don’t peek!):
- During the summer of 1776, colonists created mock funerals of _______, illustrating the end of Britain’s grip on America.
- ____________ was the first to sign the Declaration of Independence.
- The first American flag was sewn in May or June of 1776 by ___________.
- Congress declared 4th of July a federal holiday in ____.
- The Declaration of Independence was originally written by ________________.
- The first Independence Day celebration was in ____________ on July _, 1776.
- In Boston, the Boston Pops Orchestra ends each July 4th musical celebration with the ______________.
- Fireworks were originally an invention of _____________ that eventually made their way into 4th of July celebrations!
4th of July Eats & Tasty Treats
No Independence Day celebration is complete without a cookout or picnic with family and friends. Here are a few tasty 4th of July recipes to whet your patriotic appetite!
Start off your barbeque with some mouth-watering Grilled Beef Ribs! For a couple of nice side dishes, add some extra flavor to a 4th of July favorite with Red Skinned Potato Salad, or some Fair-Style Corn on the Cob. For dessert, try something a little different with a refreshing Strawberry Banana Smoothie!
These traditional and tasty alternatives can help turn any 4th of July celebration into a smorgasbord of savory eating that’s sure to satisfy!
The Gift of Independence—eCard Style!
Share your patriotic spirit by sending family and friends a 4th of July eCard from BlueMountain.com! Whether it’s through an adorable 4th of July Talking eCard, or a simple Happy 4th of July digital postcard, you’re sure to find some red, white, and blue that’s right for you!
Once you’ve selected your eCard, sending is a snap! Email it or post to someone’s Facebook page with just a click. Not a member? Getting started is easy! However you send it, 4th of July eCards are a great way to celebrate with style.
“Fun Facts & Trivia” Answers:
- King George III
- John Hancock
- Betsy Ross
- Thomas Jefferson
- Philadelphia, 8th
- 1812 Overture
- ancient China