Be A Blessing

Be A BlessingDo you have any idea what a blessing you are?

You may not realize how special you are to the people all around you – even the ones who may never have a chance to know you as a friend.  You can’t imagine how many lives you touch in a single day.

And you probably don’t even realize all the things about you that make you special.  Things that nobody else can be or do quite the same way you can.

It’s a beautiful thing to be you!

But as fast as life speeds by us these days,
we can all use a little reminder now and then
to slow down and let the blessing we are shine through.

When we stop for a moment and think about the people
who made us feel happy in the past week,
what was it they said or did that made us feel so special?
And in what ways would we love to be more like them?

Maybe it was the warmth in their smile.
The sincere compliment they gave us.
A word of encouragement or genuine appreciation they shared.

Maybe they noticed that something was going on with us.
Remembered something that was important to us.
Or gave us a bit more of their time than we knew they really had.

And we felt good.  Noticed.  Appreciated.  And loved.

If there’s a common thread that runs through these types of experiences –
something about these people that makes all the difference to us –
it’s most likely the genuine nature of their kindness.
And the fact that they take the time to share it with us.

So, why not take a few minutes right now
to think about the people you’ll be around this week?
Not just friends and family, but the post office clerk,
the grocery bagger, the person you might stand behind in line…
Even if we don’t know much about someone,
we can think about how life might be for them.
How we might notice them in a special way.
And how we can make a difference in an otherwise-ordinary day.

As Mark Twain noted…
“One compliment can keep me going for a whole month.”
If we’ve been blessed to have good people around us, we know that feeling!

Showing others the kind of genuine interest that makes a difference
can be as simple as this…

Give them a smile.  A moment.  A little extra attention.
Give them the gift of you and the beautiful person you are – inside and out.

Because everybody in our world can use a little blessing.
How can you be one today?

This entry was posted in Inspirational and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Be A Blessing

1. Gail says:

What a wonderfully encouraging way to start your day. You are a blessing!

2. Alice Tope says:

This was certainly a blessing to me. Thanks very much!

3. Mary Lee Bowen says:

precious words, very well written…truly a blessing to us all

4. This made my day! Thank you :)

5. Jean Badger says:

Blue Mountain has been part of my “card life” for a LONG time; thank you for this “new” (to me) effort. This blessing has such meaning to me…I particularly like having my “friend”, Mark Twain, included. Truly an inspiration!

6. This reminded me that every person and moment counts.

7. DeLane Isaak says:

The person that wrote this blog most certainly must be the same kind of person he/she described. He/she undoubtedly is a blessing to all.

8. Maria says:

Thank you for the nice words, thank you for the friendship!God bless you!

9. Maria says:

Thank you for the nice words and friendship! God bless you!

• anita says:

how true are your words. it sure is a blessing to have friends, and hopefully to be an inspiration to them or they to you….thank you for your expressions of thought….

10. Nancy Gage says:

Thanks for sharing those beautiful words. You have been a blessing in my life for almost 40 years and I’m grateful for that.

11. Fran says:

I’m a teacher; I shared this with some of my older students (those just coming to the realisation that school is safe and secure compared to what awaits them after their finals). There were hugs when one young lady said “that’s the kind of little stuff that you do Miss… really makes a difference when you’re having a bad day.”

12. dixie waite says:

How beautiful……..a life living sermon in a few words. Thanks for the “uplift” in this stormy weather.

13. Dave Griffith says:

You have been a blessing to us.

14. Sandy says:

Your words….as always……are very well spoken.
    The content……cherished
    Thanks for thinking of me
    Have a great day

15. Joyce Strain says:

When things are looking gloomy, or dismal we all need to look outward at all of those around us who are truly why we keep going each day. Friends, family, the mail person – they all work to help us be the best us we can be. Thank God for all of you!

16. Bonnie says:

You never know what other folks are faced with on their journey through life each day. I think a little smile and a positive friendly attitude will help make this world a better place. This blessing blog is a blessing to all of us and so is the person who wrote it!

17. Sarah says:

What an inspirational blog! Thank you!

18. Bartula Malqued says:

thank you for this very inspiring blog. the author is a blessings himself by just writing this piece.
    Truly it must be our desire daily to be a blessing in any ways in our lives…..

19. Megan says:

Very Beautiful!!

20. Gail says:

What you give returns to you! SO, you are influencing two people, the person you
    address and yourself. Being a blessing begets so many blessings. Thanks for the
    reminder.

21. Joan says:

This posting is very encouraging itself. I really appreciate the reminder to make that special effort to share the love that has been given to me so freely with others.

22. Kim says:

“Be a Blessing” has really touched my heart.
    It takes no money and so little time to make others feel special…we can feel blessed in return by feeling others reactions to a kindness.
    So very eloquently spoken…

23. VICTORIA says:

Every day counts,Im truly blessed with my FAMILY Friends,and Facebook friends.I feel so very lucky to have met so many wonderful folks in my life, a great journey. i pray for all in our world today. PEACE